A couple days ago, I realized that I haven’t had spaghetti over a YEAR! (Prior To being plant-based) WAYYY OVERDUE 😩 So I made some tonight.
On my Strength Focused Training days, I split my meals into just 2 big ones, for the whole day (using intermittent fasting). I’m a volume eater, so I prefer fewer but Larger meals over multiple but Smaller meals throughout the day.
INGREDIENTS FROM PLANT-BASED FOOD GROUPS
☑️LEGUMES: @uptonsnaturals Seitan & Black Beans
☑️VEGETABLES: Tomatoes, Onions (w/side of broccoli)
☑️GRAINS: Whole Grain Spaghetti
☑️FRUIT: Avocado & Green/Red Bell Peppers
TOTAL CALORIES: 1,148 | Servings: 2-3 (1 in my case)
MACROS: Carbs: 176.7g | Fats: 15g | Protein: 91.4
- Uptonsnaturals Seitan
- Whole grain (4 ounces) spaghetti
- 1/3 cup chopped red and yellow onion
- 1/4 cup Green Bell Pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped white mushrooms
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup black beans, garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
How To Make Vegan Protein Packed Spaghetti
- Cook spaghetti in a pot, based on package directions.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, bell peppers, mushrooms and garlic powder in coconut oil until tender.
- Heat Upton’s seitan in separate or the same skillet as the vegetables since the seitan comes cooked already.
- Add preferred spaghetti sauce, beans, tomatoes, seasoning, etc.
- Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Drain spaghetti; top with sauce.