This is the most FIRE salad I’ve had in a while. PACKED with protein, that you can make in about 15 minutes.
WHAT IS SEITAN?
Pronounced “say-tan,” Seitan is a traditional Japanese food made by rinsing the starch away from wheat and retaining the protein. With an impressively meat-like texture and robust flavor, Seitan is both high in protein and low in fat without the cholesterol (ZERO total) associated with meat. Seitan has 3X the protein of most tofu and the same amount of protein as steak.
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Serving size: 3 Servings
- 5-7 cups of baby spinach (or as much as necessary, I usually use more)
- 1 container Seitan (I use Sweet Earth Seitan)
- 1/2 cup of Black Beans
- 2 TBSP Sweet Chili sauce
- 2 TBSP Coconut Oil
- 2 mini sweet bell peppers
- 1 tomato
- 1 teaspoon Jerk Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt to taste
- Chop up the bell peppers, tomato and wash the spinach if you need to.
- Pour 2 TBSP coconut oil a skillet and heat up seitan over a medium-high heat
- Add the Jerk seasoning (or preferred seasoning), to the seitan.
- Heat it up until it is hot, about 10 minutes at most.
- Place the seitan on a bed of spinach
- Add your preferred extras, bell peppers, tomato, etc.